Thursday, September 23, 2010

Miss me?

The internet hasn't been cooperating for a while so I'm going to take advantage of the fact that it is now...

Last Friday night, after the night at the Un Techo Para mi Pais meeting and wine drinking at David and Kelsey's we celebrated Ines’s birthday at “La Matuffia” a restaurant that was closed for her birthday because she promised a certain number of people to eat dinner. But first, Greg came over to hang out and as the weather was steadily getting uglier I decided to go to the bank to get some cash sooner rather than later. Well, we get about 2 blocks away from my house and it just DUMPS rain on us. We ran across the street to a cafĂ© and by the time we got in my hair was soaking wet, I couldn’t see out of my glasses and my sweatshirt and jeans were super wet. We sit down and order two cafes con leche and receive some cookies with that. Greg and I spent the next three hours talking, eating, and drinking while we waited out the storm. Needless to say, but I guess I’m going to anyway, SUPER fun :) When the rain let up a bit and we decided if we didn’t leave soon we’d be late for Ines’s dinner thing, we took off back for my apartment. Get there, freshen up, and get on a bus to our destination. Turns out we were super late and they had been waiting nearly an hour for us to get there. Whoops!!! We do finally get there and there are long tables set up in a U shape and lots o’ people from school and what not. They start serving the beer and pizza, which was all really tasty, and had a real good time. Greg and I wanted to leave early because of the Un Techo Para Mi Pais thing Saturday morning and so didn’t want to be too exhausted to function.

I'll tell you more aobut that later....

Beso.

No comments:

Post a Comment