Friday, September 10, 2010

Hip Hip

HOORAY

So guess who went to the Argentine vs Spain friendly football match?! MEEE. These were the teams from the world freaking cup. It was so exciting and wonderful :) Lizzie, Raquel, and Emily met up at my apartment because the stadium was a twenty minute walk down one of the streets I live near by. We was all hungry so we stopped by the first place that offered empenadas and beer. YUM. Then we proceeded to walk down the street where at first we were the only gringos in Artentine colors but as we got closer there were more and more and more people heading toward the stadium with us. We got our faces painted along the way!!! It was a bit chaotic trying to figure out where we were sitting at first but once we got it figured out and in it was just gettin' started. The energy in the place was incredible. Our seats were not nearly as far away as I had thought they would be and we were right behind the goal that Argentina scored three times in, in the first thirty minutes!!! All I asked for was that they won and they certainly delivered :)

That was Tuesday... Wednesday Kelsey, Greg, and I got together to work on an art project.

Yesterday I went to a meeting for Un Techo Para mi Pais and got info on helping out with little kids on the weekends for a few hours! Might be participating this Saturday! Then Greg and I went to the apartment Kelsey is renting for her friend David who is here visiting from Chile because he's studying abroad there. The apartment was super sweeeet and it was a good group of folks last night. SO MUCH wine. Not that I drank but just in general, I think we had at least 8 bottles and there were 12 of us more or less. Wine's not really my choice to party with, not that this was a party but it definitely wasn't a glass or two over dinner, so I laid low. Either way, good night and tonight we are going to an all you can eat pizza and beer place for ines's birthday :)

Chau chau chicos

ohhhh but I totally forgot! I went to THE coolest book store I have ever encountered. I didn't have my camera but I'm going back for sure and can take pictures then. But its like being inside a theater, a BIG, fancy, painting on the big dome ceiling, kinda theater. And there were soooo many facinating books! I got Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland in spanish! Or should I say Alicia en el pais de las maravillas!

1 comment:

  1. So cool Chelsey!! I love it that you're getting to do so many wonderful things while you're there! XOXO Tracy

    ReplyDelete