Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Part III

Here we go...

Ok so Friday, after Thursday's German party, Lizzie and I went to FRIDAYS! It felt so much like home. It looks just the same as the ones in the States and we were beside ourselves with excitement to eat burgers, fries, and a variety of appetizers.

Saturday was the day we'd decided to go to El Tigre, an old town at the mouth of the delta. Turns out the train station is a ten minute walk from our apartment which was super nice and it was Kelsey, Jessica, Synnove, Lizzie, and me. Train ride was an hour but it went by super fast and when we got there we set off to find the fruit market and then take a boat along one of the many little rivers to grab some lunch. We never actually found any fruit but there was a very big market, oh and an amusement park we want to go back and try out later. Hunger kept us from milling around too long before hopping on a boat to take us to an island to eat. Taking the boat there totally reminded me of Australia so if that kind of gives you a perspective mom. I have no idea where we went really but it was about a 30 minute ride and when we got off there were was a path around these beautiful houses and a smaller river I guess where people were rowing, canoeing, boating, etc. We found a restuarant right along the water and had a fantastic meal. We headed back towards the train station and enjoyed the sun in some grass next to the water. The weather was the most beautiful it's been my entire trip, a whopping 70ish and we were hot! There was supposed to be a toga party that night so we took off earlier than we wanted to (Synnove got a text that it was cancelled right as the doors of the train were closing to take us back). Got home and I studied and went to bed.

Sunday was fun-filled, action-packed with HOMEWORK. yuh, but I guess I can do some book learning while I'm down here...

Went back to the running club today for the first time since I had been feeling unwell, although I've run sporadically on my own, and I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to move tomorrow. We did the station thing again and I did so many sit-ups that I my abs stopped hurting haha. But I was super excited because there were so many more people there today! One guy from Mexico/US and I ran together for a bit so I even got to practice some Spanish.

If I can keep this up I'll be talking to you tomorrow. I'm not making any promises though, dinner and dancing planned for the evening!

Ciao Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment