Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A little under the weather....

I've been a wee bit sick starting Sunday morning so I've been sleeping and such. Trying to get better asap!

But I feel like I've been neglecting you all so here're some stories from the weekend :)

Thursday night (because yes, my weekend starts 4PM on Thursday), Hannah and Lizzie came over at around 11PM. Both from the States. Lizzie brought over a bottle of champaign as a nice little gift and so the three of us popped that open. We sat around drinking and chatting until around 12:30 when we decided to start thinking of where we wanted to go for the night. We decided on a hip hop club and grabbed a taxi to our destination. We arrived around 1:30 and the place was pretty empty. So we saddled up to the bar and had ourselves a shot of tequila. There was a big pit in the middle of the place and there were a bunch of people doing bike tricks in the middle, so that was cool to watch. While watching this, 3 girls from Belgrano showed up and if that wasn't coincidence enough, a few other kids, not associated with the first, from Belgrano also showed up. I thought this was pretty crazy at first, once you consider the number of night clubs here, but then again it was a club that played hip hop, which is fairly rare here.

It was an absolute blast. As more people started to show up people hesitantly moved into the pit and then danced around the outer edge but Lizzie and I just walked right out into the middle and started dancing. The music was damn near all American and from about 5 mounths ago. It was awesome to know all the words and all the moves haha.

The guys are pretty agressive about dancing and they have NO problem turning you around and trying to make out all over you. My favorite thing to do is put my hand over their mouths when they go to kiss me and start kissing the back of my hand.

Lizzie and I lost Hannah, she went home after she couldn't find us, and so the two of us went across the street for some empanadas. YUM :) warm and delicious on a cold and druken night.

Got home around 5 AM got back up at 11 to run to the school, pick up something for my visa, and then meet up with Jessica after her class. We went to the visa place together but it was FREEZING and raining and we couldn't find the freaking place. Finally we did but we get in and it's PACKED. Tons of people, so we walk around for a bit, ask around and finally get pointed in the right direction. The immigration people were mostly pretty nice but I think after a while the woman I was working with was becoming irritated with my silly smiling. Oh well, can't charm 'em all. We ended up being in line next to this Italian guy Tommy, who also goes to Belgrano. We were all hungry after our ordeal, which really wasn't that bad at all just chaotic and uncertain, and decided to grab something to eat before hopping back on the subte. More empanadas :) and some Quilmes, as if I hadn't drank enough the night before.

Got home, took a nap, and got back up to go out to the movies! Saw inception. Which was AWESOME. Dreams absolutely facinate me so I was totally excited when I realized that's what it was about. Jessica, Ines, and I met up with Oscar and Mau. And we also met up with Maria (one of the Spanish girls from that day I went with Ines to hang out with other people from Barcelona), Sofie (French), and Jenna (SF and in my literature class). But those three girls watched Shrek or something else.

Some fun things about the movie theaters here: you can buy a pizza and a beer haha. Andddd the seats are numbered so you really have a designated spot. Oscar actually bought the tickets ahead of time so that the 5 of us would have seats together.

After the movie we added one more guy, Luis from the Bay. Now there were nine of us in total and we went to meet Juan (Ines' Argentine friend) and his friends again to go to a concert! Sabastian, his cousin, and Juan met up with us and we all hopped on a bus. We pretty much filled that thing. I sat next to Sabastian and we chatted the whole way there. It was super fun. He knew more English than I had originally thought but we still mostly spoke in Spanish, or Castillano, as they call it.

When we got there Augostine and Alan were waiting for us, so that was a nice surprise because I really like them. And Mikele (I think it's spelt but pretty much pronounced like michael) had already gone inside. The band was live and they were all wearing yellow jump suits, except the lead guy, he wore a shiny silver one. I kept expecting a rocket ship to come down at any moment and take him off to space. The music was rad. No lyrics, all instrumental with some people singing but no words. It was the kind of music you just kind of move however the music takes you. And our interpretations were sometimes quite hillarious ;)

Alan, Augostine, and Mikele ended up crashing in our living room because it was so late and the bus ride is so long.

Next day, Saturday, I opted to hang around the house and sleep and do hw.

Sunday woke up sick.

Monday went to class and then to bed.

Today, California Burrito Co! After history Lizzie and I went there to grab some burritos. Very tastey :) and it reminded me so much of home! It actually had some striking similarities to Chipotle...wouldn't be surprised if the owner's really been to Cali. Chilled there for a bit and grabbed ice cream at Freddo's which is a pretty nice ice cream shop around these parts.

Now I'm in bed, going to work on healing up! Got plans to have the Argentine boys over for dinner this weekend!

Un beso!

4 comments:

  1. OK I responded in a long winded way that was both funny and clever then it got deleted. Damn you Blogspot!
    So the short version:
    Immune system + foreign country + no sleep divided by alcohol = sick Chelsey. Take care of my daughter!
    I love you.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason - I brought nyquil and dayquil luckily...I could open up my own little pharmacy with all the drugs I brought!

    Dad- awwww "Damn you blogspot!" is right! but I will papa bear :) she misses you dearly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete