Saturday, November 13, 2010

Saying Goodbye to Kelsey

Saturday was a chill day with Kelsey. We spent the morning lounging around and then went over to Synnove's to enjoy some sun on her terrace. After hanging out there for an hour or so Kelsey and I went for a run around Plaza Italia, which was really nice. Kelsey was trying figure out all the things we'd done and what she hadn't gotten to do yet. We decided Sunday, her last day, we would get up early and try to do as many of those things as possible. When we got home we had just enough time to shower and get ready to go to dinner. There's a beautiful restaurant called Milion, that's in this old mansion. While the inside of the building still maintains its white pillars and dainty chandeliers there were also modern pictures on the wall and sculptures hanging from the ceiling. It was a cool mix. I got vegetable stuffed chicken on mashed potatoes with salad and we shared a delicious cold white wine. The group consisted of myself, Kelsey, Synnove, Gaitano ( the Italian that's in love with Kelsey), and Casper (Amsterdam). Our group got a bit bigger though because as we were finishing up, a Norwegian girl that Synnove knew came to say hello. She was there with her Australian boyfriend and their new Australian friend Beauden (I had actually met him at Sarah's party on Thursday). All three are traveling South America and the couple and Beauden had only just met in Buenos Aires. After we took care of the check we joined them at the bar. Kelsey, Synnove, and I shared another bottle of the white wine. We were all chatting for a bit, the two Australian guys were a hoot, and then Kels and I went out to the big balcony to admire the vines growing along the side of the building and the awesome atmosphere of the place. Around 12 or 1 Kels was ready to go home but I wasn't quite ready, so with a bit of encouragement from the boys and Synnove, I decided to go with them to Plaza Serrano for dancing. The line to club was wayyy to long so we went to another bar. The Norwegian girl was a bit too drunk so she and her boyfriend called it a night shorty after we got there. Synnove, Beauden, and I shared a beer and chilled for an hour or so. Then it was time to get home! My cab driver was super friendly and funny, wish I could remember what we were chatting about lol

Sunday Kels and I got out of the house around noon and were headed out for the MALBA (a museum of modern art). First we had to stop by the apartment she'd rented when David and then her mom came, because she'd left her mate there on accident. It actually worked out perfectly because we weren't 100% sure how to get to the musuem so we asked the landlady and it turned out we could walk to it in 20/25 minutes. It also helped that I had been there once before with Greg to watch that movie Plan B, so once we got closer I knew where we were going. It was AWESOME. Half the paintings/sculptures in there we had studied in art class. After we'd gotten our fill there, Kelsey's next desired destination was the Teatro Colon. We set out walking the direction we figured a subte would be and enjoyed the warm weather and neighborhoods we wandered through. We got to the Teatro Colon but it was closed to the public which was a bummer because it's not the outside that's all that impressive. We had to get back home anyway because Kelsey had to leave at 7pm and Synnove was coming over at 5:30PM because they were going together. Get home and Kelsey begins frantically last minute packing. Eventually everything gets settled and I walk them down to the street to hang out while they grab a cab. It was sad to say goodbye, but at least I know I'll be seeing her again since Santa Cruz is easier to get to than Europe. Greg came over around 10 to stay with me since everyone now was out of the house except for me (Jessica should be back from her trip today and I think Ines is still sleeping in the next room). We watched a movie and then I had to get to bed because I was going to be leaving at 6 AM for the boat that would take me to Uruguay :)

1 comment:

  1. The lines to enter to night bars are usually long because the city has so many people, that the youngones are everywhere trying to get a table to at least sit. Anyways, the night is the best though. When I travelled to Argentina, I got an apartment rental in Buenos Aires so that I could get home late without somebody telling me to be quiet.
    I had the best time!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete