Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Last week was pretty chill and I didn't do too much because I was a bit sick :(
Monday: slept.
Tuesday: slept.
Wednesday: went to dinner with Jessica and Gigi. Gigi had text me that morning saying she missed Jessica and I and wanted to know if we could get together for dinner. There's a restaurant that Kelsey had been to a few times, Krishna, and she'd raved about it so we decided to try it. One of the waiters was standing at the entrance when we first got there and was like you know it's vegetarian right? Haha, yes, we are aware of that, thank you. inside the place was wayyyyyyyy cool. Dark with candles on the tables, the tables were low and have really cool ceramic designs, the seats were either stools or couches with rad cushions. We each got something we knew nothing about and then shared it. YUM. Dude, the food was gooood. And I got a lemondade with ginsing, also yum. Afterwards Gigi drove us home because her boyfriends house is near our apt. But I had told Agustin I would come to wine club so I hoped on a bus to get over there at around 12ish. Nacho, Brad and Agustin had eaten dinner and were sippin' on the wine when I got there. We were all pretty tired but we chilled and chatted a bit. Always a pleasure passing time with those boys. Brad walked with me down to the bus stop because sometimes it can take forever for a bus to come but one came within a minute or two of us getting down there! I'm always stoked when that happens haha. But I also wasn't sure a bus would come at all because there had been some protests I guess of PT workers and one had died :( so rumour had it there would be no buses and the subte wouldn't be going. Lizzie asked our history prof what had happened exactly (never do that, they give you the backround info from like 30 years ago) but basically I think this was the first death in a protest, like ever. Pretty amazing right? I just hope I understood him correctly haha.
Thursday: I was feeling particularly crummy so I slept more.
Friday Satruday and Sunday: I DID NOT LEAVE THE APARTMENT haha Not because I was on my death bed or anything, I just resisted all temptation to go out so I could sleep and do hw. When Kelsey got back from Iguazu on Sunday though, she wanted to go for a run so I went with to walk. It was really nice walking around the park.
Monday (25th): HW yay.
Tuesday: Girls night! Last night Arriana, Synnove, Kelsey, Jessica, sarah, me, Lizzie, and another Danish girl but not from UB and I went to dinner. (Gigi was supposed to come too but fell asleep haha) We went to a REAL cool restaurant, Don Julio. It had wine bottles all around the restaurant that people had signed and I was like WE'RE DOING THAT. Our table was upstairs and in an area all to ourselves! We ordered wine and meat with sides of french fries and salad. MUYYYY rico. I asked one of our waiters to bring us some markers and we all wrote something on the bottle, then I stuck it up next to some others...I don't know if they'll move it but since I want to take mom there I'll check it out! The waiters were nice and funny and they asked me if I wanted to go out dancing with them ahaha. I really did, why not go out dancing with a bunch of Argentine waiters?! But I had, had a bit too much wine and was also pretty sleepy. Plus it didn't seem like anyone else was down and I wasn't about to go by myself.
Today: Census day. EVERY thing is shut down because we're supposed to be in our houses from 8 AM to 8PM to be counted in the census. It's quiet here....I LOVE IT. There are barely any cars or any people out. It's weird but so freaking nice at the same time. Plus, now I've got time to finish my history paper (or write on the blog whatever) hehe wish me luck!
PS camera broke :( I'm going to steal pictures from others but from here on out pictures will be scarce! Oh well, just means my descriptions have to get even better!
Chau! Un beso!

No comments:

Post a Comment